We hope everyone got to enjoy some of the amazing virtual activities and events that took place this 2020 National Science Week!
This year, the Banyule Nillumbik and Whittlesea Tech Schools joined the virtual celebrations by showcasing STEM through a careers campaign and community challenge.
STEM Career Interviews
- Megan O’Shea, Honorary Research Fellow, Institute for Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities, Victoria University
- Edmond Lascaris, Sustainability Officer, City of Whittlesea Council
- Hassan Malik, Engineer, Solve Disability Solutions
- Louise, Prosthetics and Orthotics Lecturer, La Trobe University, and International Consultant
- Gayathri Devi Rajmohan, Associate Research Fellow, Institute for Frontier Materials, Deakin University
Rosetta Tomorrow & 3D Modelling Workshop
We also ran a virtual community challenge, Rosetta Tomorrow, where people get to design their message to the future. As part of this program, we held a virtual 3D modelling workshop using TinkerCAD. For those who missed it, you can re-watch the YouTube live stream and participate here.